Thursday, September 15, 2011

Ballerina Class, School and the "Liebray"

For us, Fall means the return of our weekly schedule, and activities abound.

Marin started school this week, and was so excited on the walk to school the first day! Three of her neighbor friends are in her class on Mondays, and Marin just talks about Parker, Finn and Chase constantly. Fridays she is reunited with Lea, her friend she made at school last year. She loves her teachers, and all of the songs and activities they do. Marin also loves taking her lunch to school, and insists on carrying her lunch box herself, and plops it right down in the correct bin when she gets in the classroom. Marin's favorite part of taking her lunch is the "school milk" that I pack for her to drink. I am still writing and drawing on her napkin every day, and probably will continue to do so until she is 18.

On Wednesday mornings Marin has ballet, or as she calls it, "ballerina class". I don't think in two and a half years I have ever seen Marin so excited for anything in her whole life. Ever since we signed up for the class she has been asking me if it was time to go to ballerina class. I have been telling her how many more sleeps until it is the day. On Wednesday morning when the day was here, I thought she'd bust right out of her leotard, she was so excited. She quickly made two friends while we were waiting for class to start, and after being the first in line to tell her teacher, "I'm Marin!!" she turned to her new friends and said, "C'mon girls!" Worried that she would hear the music and shimmer and run to her own beat, I had a special talk with Marin about listening to her teacher, Miss Katie, and sure enough, as I watched her from the one way glass she followed every move she made, looking up at her like she was the coolest girl she had ever seen. Marin can't wait to go again next week!

Our week rounds out with our Thursday storytime sessions at the Library. Classes begin next week, and Marin is already excited to go to the "Liebray" and listen to stories. Hopefully Emilie is as excited, because she's going along for this class too.

For me, one of the best things about being a parent is watching my girls learn. Our plates are definitely full of learning and exploring this fall!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Make sure to let me know when her first ballet recital is...I have to see it!

Georgine said...

When did Marin a big girl? I can't believe the ballet photo, maybe it is the pig tails. She looks so cute.

The Vlachs said...

SOOOOOOOOOO cute. I want to eat her pigtails right up. I love her!