Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Emilie- One Month Old!

One Month Stats:
10 lbs. 1 oz.
22 inches

Emilie is one month old today!! We're loving every second with her! As we did with Marin, we'll take her picture every month of her first year, and then every year after that, in this same chair, with this same bear for a frame of size reference. She's doing really well. Life as a one month old; I'll tell you, it's too bad that none of us will ever remember it. She sleeps, eats, sleeps, eats, fills her diaper, sleeps some more, is snuggled, held, sung to and gets everything on demand pretty much the second she wants it.

We're getting some sleep actually. She sleeps for about four hour stretches, with an occasional five hour stretch in there just as a special treat for mom. We have very quickly slipped back into our roles as milk truck (me) and waste management (Jason) and I have almost seamlessly transitioned back to life covered in spit up. Marin and I are teaching her all of our songs, adding a few new ones in there as well. Jason made a song up on the fly a few weeks back called, "I love my girls" which proceeds to list us all, including the dog. Marin now sings it constantly, almost as if it has become the theme music to Emilie's first month of life. In Marin's first day of swim lessons, the teacher asked the children if any of them had any favorite songs, and Marin raised her hand and began singing "I love my girls!" expecting everyone to join in as if it was as widely know as the ABC's.

Besides music, Emilie really likes listening to all of our voices, and tracks us as we walk in the room. She also likes to swing in her swing, and snuggle facing her daddy on the couch.

We'll get her official stats at our doctor's appointment tomorrow, but she's growing quickly already, and has had no problem putting on weight up to this point. At her two week check up she was already almost back to her birth weight, and at one weight check she was gaining about two ounces a day.

I love watching her during the few quiet moments when it's just the two of us. I think I have kissed every square inch of her sweet tiny features, and I get really close to her face and say, "Hi! I'm your mommy!" just in case she didn't already know. :)

Happy One Month of Life, Emilie. I can't wait to watch you grow, and see what you will become.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

10lbs! Wow! Looks like Emilie is on the Grayson Turner Bak meal plan... 20lbs at six months!

The Vlachs said...

Such a sweet post, Jo! I love love love Marin singing her daddy's special song as if everyone in the world knows it!